Mt. Calvary Catholic Cemetery | Bryan and Smetana, Texas Catholic Cemetery located in Bryan and Smetana, Texas
Smetana Cemeteries Maps
Smetana Mount Calvary Cemetery HistoryMount Calvary Catholic Cemetery – Smetana was established on January 12, 1988 by a Gift Deed of approximately 11.9 acres of land from Don and Margaret Cahill Vitopil to the Most Reverend John McCarthy, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Austin, Texas. The land was donated to establish a Catholic Cemetery in Smetana and to preserve the Cahill Family Cemetery. The Cemetery is located on Smetana Road eight tenths of a mile from Highway 21 West. Approximately six acres have been developed and is currently available for burials.
 Old Smetana Cemetery  Mount Calvary History Old Smetana Cemetery – Mount Calvary was established in 2016 by a Warranty Deed of 3.52 acres of land from Smetana Cemetery Association, Inc., to the Most Rev. Joe S. Vasquez, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Austin, Texas. This existing cemetery originally established in 1892 as the Moravian Graveyard was developed as a burial site for Smetana community residents. The property was transferred in 1976 to the Smetana Cemetery Association, Inc. In 2012 a Prayer Pavilion was erected on the original crucifix site. The Smetana Cemetery Association Board of Directors continued to operate and maintain the Cemetery until it was conveyed in 2016. This Cemetery is recognized as a historical part of the Czech Community of Brazos County.
Mt.Calvary Cemetery MtCalvarybcs.com